Thursday, June 4, 2026

May 2026 Wrap Up

 


While this clearly wasn't our ideal month with a small swelling in BB's left front SDFT being diagnosed on ultrasound as a 3x4 mm lesion, things could be far worse. However, it still doesn't make for an exciting month wrap up. I am SO grateful pony pants has continued to be sound throughout and that he wasn't prescribed any stall rest. He had his second shockwave appointment yesterday and the vet felt like the swelling had improved. I was unsure on this point given the daily pouring over it I do both visually and palpably. We'll recheck the ultrasound on the 15th. 

I used the rest of his sedation for shockwaving to pull his mane. All dressed up and nowhere to go now. 


 

Butterball

Training rides

1- Happily popped around a 1m course

Lessons

1

Hacks

2

Flat rides

1

Cavaletti or jumps @ home

0

Conditioning

2 – aquatred sessions

XC school

0

Shows

0

It's not a bad time of year to be taking it easy though, I travelled to the DC area and then Shenandoah valley with two childhood friends for five days at the end of May/start of June. It was an absolutely wonderful trip in every way. 



Our VRBO porch, absolutely amazing

Meanwhile, I didn't take updated hoof or conformation pics, those will come in June. 

Tully and co continue to be delightful

As far as looking ahead, I'm grateful to be able to continue to hop on friend's horses with some regularity. And if Butterball's recheck ultrasound on the 15th shows that he's healed, he'll hop back in to aquatredding and we'll gradually reintroduce under saddle work. In the mean time he's standing on the balance pads and doing some belly lifts daily. 

6 comments:

  1. So glad he's at least staying comfortable <3 And that aquatreading will be PERFECT rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! Where is THAT Vrbo? That is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 292 Grand View Drive in Luray, VA if you were being literal! Would definitely recommend.

      Delete
  3. Blergh you have my sympathy and empathy and all the things, along with hope that the next rescan shows good progress !

    ReplyDelete